COVID19 Plan for TherAbilities Clinical Office: Summer 2020
Due to the public health guidelines resulting from the COVID19 outbreak in Pennsylvania, TherAbilities has been providing virtual occupational therapy, speech therapy, physical therapy, behavioral and educational supports since March 16, 2020. Our professional staff will continue to provide teletherapy and virtual services for all clients, school districts, and agencies for which this is the preferred or required method of delivery.
Our out-patient office will re-open the week of June 29th for individualized services by appointment only. Individualized services will include 1:1 evaluation, 1:1 therapies/services, and family consultations.
Small group therapeutic services will also be provided by reservation for those clients whom our clinical staff have approved because they can be safely supported through this program beginning the week of June 29, 2020.
TherAbilities is strictly following the guidelines provided by the Pennsylvania Department of Health and the Center for Disease Control for our facility, staff and clients, including the following:
- A COVID-19 pre-screening, including a temperature check, will be conducted for all staff and clients before permitting entry to TherAbilities office.
- Only cleared clients and staff will be permitted entry to TherAbilities office on a staggered schedule.
- Parents or guardians will be provided with an outdoor waiting area, should they wish to wait outside their vehicle at TherAbilities.
- Each staff and client shoe soles will be sprayed with our disinfectant before entering clinical spaces.
- All staff will operate within their own office spaces. Each workspace has its own supply of hand sanitizers, masks, gloves, approved disinfectants.
- Shared spaces will be used at a minimum with physical distancing guidelines followed during all small group therapeutic activities.
- Cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting guidelines will be followed hourly during each client’s services, as well as at the end of each workday. All trash is stored in cans with covered lids and removed at the end of each workday.
- Client schedules and services have been designed to ensure staff have the time to conduct additional cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting.
- All staff will wear personal protective gear (face shields, masks and/or gloves).
- If any staff or client begin to show any symptoms related to COVID-19 during their time at our office, then we will immediately remove those individuals to a safe waiting area until they can be transported to the appropriate parent/guardian and/or doctor’s office. Afterwards, TherAbilities will quarantine any room/space and follow the procedures for 24-48 hours of aeration and disinfection recommended by the CDC and DOH. No symptomatic individual will be permitted to return to TherAbilities office until after at least 14 days of quarantine and written permission from their medical provider.
- We are looking forward to serving your children and providing both a safe and therapeutic environment for them this summer!
Should you have any specific questions or concerns related to TherAbilities COVID19 operational procedures, you may direct them to the following individuals by calling our office at 717.540.9218. Confidential messages may be left on the voice mail if you do not receive a live response to your call.
Tammy Sarracino, OTD, TherAbilities Director
Jessica Emes, ECE, RBT, Office Manager
Heidi Petschke, OTR/L, Clinical Director